Skip to main content
Modern Tax & Accounting Inc.
site map
our twitter
Documentation required to file your Personal Tax Return
  • Notice of Assessment/Reassessment
  • Social Insurance Number (SIN)
  • Drivers License
  • Residency Status/Date of moving into Province
  • For direct deposit provide a copy of a blank cheque


  • All T4 slips (Employment income)
  • Interest, dividends, mutual funds (T3, T5)
  • Old Age Security and CPP benefits (T4A-OAS, T4AP)
  • Other pensions and annuities (T4A)
  • Social assistance payments (T5007)
  • Workers’ compensation benefits (T5007)
  • All other information slips

Receipts if you have children

  • Children’s arts and sports programs
  •    Child care expenses
  • Adoption expense
  •    Universal Child Care Benefit (RC62)

Information about your spouse and children

  • First name                                   
  • Last name
  • Date of birth
  • Social Insurance number
  • Canadian Citizens and Residents
    All Canadian citizens and residents are required to file a Canadian tax return each year.

  • Leaving Canada (Departure)
    Have you heard of Departure Tax? Plan before you leave. Generally all accrued capital gains become taxable to Canada in the year you depart. Your destination country may tax again on these gains when you actually sell the asset.

Canada Revenue Agency's & other fillable forms to help your request.

  1. Request for a GST Number – Form RC1A
  2. Request for a Payroll Account Number – Form RC1B
  3. Employer’s Guide to Payroll – Form T4001
  4. Statement of Business or Professional Activities – Form T2125 (fillable)
  5. Rental Income / Expenses – Form T776 (fillable)
  6. Employment (Salesperson) Expenses – Form T777
  7. Claims for Lodging and Meals Expenses – Form TL2
  8. Home Buyer’s Plan – Form T103
  9. RRSP/RRIF Direct Transfer – Form T2033 (fillable)
  10. Declaration of Conditions of Employment – Form T2200 (fillable)
  11. Disability Tax Credit Certificate – Form T2201 (fillable)
  12. Business Consent – Form RC59 (fillable)
  13. Personal Authorization – Form T1013 (fillable)
  14. Request to Close Business Number – Form RC145
  15. T4 Slip – Statement of Remuneration Paid – Slip T4 (fillable)
  16. Tuition, Education, and Textbook Amounts Certificate – Form T2202A (fillable)

Canada Revenue Agency Website                                

    About us

    Modern Tax & Accounting Inc. is based in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada.

    Contact us
    our twitter
    Open M-F 9:00am - 5:00pm
    Vancouver, BC
    (604) 782-0399 Text or Phone

    Copyright © 2016 Modern Tax & Accounting Inc. - All Rights Reserved